My girls loves to paint. So, I prefer to set up simple art projects like watercolor glue hearts or simple contrast painting. These art projects are simple enough for preschoolers and even toddlers. This printed chicks art idea is made with acrylic paint and water bottle lid. Any circle shaped object can be used to print the chicks. We have used water bottle lid.
Simple art projects!
Materials needed for this art idea:
- Acrylic paints
- Water bottle lid
- Paint brushes
- Permanent marker
- Googly eyes
- Paint the top half portion of the cardstock with blue acrylic paint for sky and bottom half with green acrylic paint for grass. I prefer cardstock over normal printer paper for acrylic painting.
- We pulled the green paint upwards using paint brush without paint to denote grass.
- Take yellow acrylic paint in a palette. Dip the water bottle lid in the yellow paint and print it in the grass.
- Let the painting dry completely
- Draw red triangle nose and brown stick legs with permanent markers
- Attach the googly eyes with school glue.
The chick painting is done! Did I mention it as a simple art idea thrice already now? Do you agree with that?
You may be interested in our other bottle lid printed painting ideas. Click the pictures below to read about them.
Please feel free to pin the following image: