We love math games which give practice on math facts! Today’s post is about a simple math game for kids, math tic-tac-toe, a similar game to the goldie Tic-Tac-Toe but played with numbers. How fun! The best part is that the game can be played in a car or while you are waiting. All you need is a paper and pen!
Rules of the game:
1. Only numbers from 0 – 9 should be used.
2. One player should use only odd numbers (1,3,5,7,9) and another player should use only even numbers(0,2,4,6,8).
3. A number should be used only once.
Whoever makes 15 either vertically, horizontally or diagonally is the winner.
How to play the game:
1. Make a 3*3 square in a paper.
2. Decide who is using odd numbers and who is using even numbers.
3. Start playing the game by writing numbers on the board.
Before writing a number, the child has to add the numbers ( each row, column and diagonal) and subtract the sum from 15 to check the feasibility of winning. If not, check if the opponent is winning and prevent. Otherwise, choose a number to win in the next move.
As a number can be used only once, it has to be used wisely.
My daughter loves traditional tic-tac-toe and no wonder she loves this game!
More math ideas for inspiration:
Thanks for reading the post. Hope you enjoyed reading it!
Please feel free to pin the following image!